i've been absent for blogging lately. surprisingly this was caused by neither surprise illness or a sudden binge of tv-watching (although i am watching the daily show right now. i love sesame street michael steele). nope, i've just been too lazy or silly to blog.
you see, as a result of the momster only having to pay around $2000 for college, life has been very, very good lately. and by 'good' i mean that she's been dropping me off at fair oaks after school with a credit and a commandment to play. which i have. among other things i bought a ton of books - i just finished reading elizabeth kostova's the historian, more on that later - and clothes and sandals. mostly, though, i spent my money on makeup.
here's my favorites:
i'm pretty happy with my haul. the weather lately has been making me really want more bronze- and gold-toned makeup. plus i had the people at MAC and sephora do my makeup and pick my foundation, which saved me a lot of indecisive "does this one or this one match me better" wavering in front of the mirror.
i had a few other adventures at the mall, but i'll save them for another day. i know, i know. cop out. but i'm tired - stupid calc homework/flashcards. they took so long last night. it wasn't even hard - i just had no idea what to include on the cards since the descriptions were so vague. ugh, i don't even understand why we still have to go to school. can't we just graduate already? there's still another quarter to go.
anyway, there's one more joyous piece of news i wanted to share with you. i'm going to get fat! and i don't even mind. this is why:
yep, those are panera sandwiches. and salads. and soup and green tea. not pictured are the giant baskets of bread and pastries and cookies from them that are filling up our kitchen.
it's all the momster's fault. once a month her real estate firm does like a conference-type thing and panera caters it. but since they're all talking business no one ever eats anything and the people in her office split up the food. yep, that's right - all of that's a fraction of the original mountain of food. nevertheless, we won't be able to grocery shop - well, for anything besides ice cream/freezer food and dry goods - for a week. it's going to take forever to eat all of this. i'll try anyway. and by try, i mean that i'll open my fridge and do this:
now, just a quick note on the historian, which i mentioned earlier in this post. it's awesome. it's great to read a fun book that's actually well-written. it's wonderful to find an entertaining book that's better written than, say, the average dan brown novel. i guess i'm really just happy to read something about vampires that are actually scary. Comrade S-la, i hope you've inferred from this paragraph that this is going to be the latest addition to the communist book collective.
this is the song that i stole the title of this post from. listen to it, it's pretty:
and here's the song that i'm listening to now:





6 comments:
one word. jealous. I wish I had cash to spend on awesome makeup, books, and free, amazing sandwiches. I also wish I had more free time to read. Though, the book I just finished for one French class was interesting. It also comes in English, so maybe I'll give that a try someday.
Ps. Justin Bieber? really? Well, you are still in high school at least. It's sooo weird hearing 20 something-year-olds cooing over a child.
i really despise that you have makeup, sporadic fair oaks trips, and free panera sandwiches.
also, you make me depressed. you're one of my music gurus and you turn to justin omgimapubescentlittlepopstar beiber.
can i say: om nom nom. i eat your fridge.
yay for new commie book!
but seriously. YOU HAVE BEIBER FEVER? NO! NIET! NON! NEIIIIN! PLEASE NO OR I WILL DISOWN YOU. i agree with jeni there.
i agree too.
Eww Justin Bieber.
I use him as a comparison when I insult people.
guess what? I got a prom dress!
Ewwww I've spent money
*melts*
steal my currently reading idea! yeah, cuz I stole it from someone else...yup. oh, and yearbook party tomorrow? do we bring anything? plus it's sholly's birthday :)
Post a Comment