poetry post

...well, in mini!form. here's two poems that have been stuck in my head lately.

1. The Gates of Damascus by James Elroy Flecker

Favorite line: And God shall make thy soul a Glass where ten thousand aeons pass/And thou shalt see the gleaming Worlds as men see dew upon the grass.

2. Lady Lazarus by Sylvia Plath

Favorite line: Herr God, Herr Lucifer/Beware/Beware
Out of the ash/I rise with my red hair/And I eat men like air

i'm listening to ray lamontagne right now. his voice is so interesting. i kind of wish he'd tour with brendon urie from panic! at the disco so they could form, like, a cracktastical supergroup. i don't know who the other members would be, though. suggestions?

am watching charlie and the chocolate factory now. this new version is so much darker and creepier (clone!oompa loompas!) than the willy wonka version. damn you tim burton for ruining my childhood dreams of living in the chocolate factory. (but yay for producing alice!)

new moon comes out this week. i am simultaneously amused

2 comments:

Interesting poems. The Lady Lazarus one scared me because my scroller turned tiny and i thought it was one of your poems that could be a novel.(a la T.S.) I also like James Elroy Flecker because it reminds me of Lt. James Emerson Fletcher, and I'm picking up Rapture of the Deep tomorrow after school. (!!!) Also, aeons make me think of FFX, which is always a good thing. Unless it makes me think of mucho sadness what with Tidus dying. New Moon is next week? Oh dearie me.

 

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?